Author, Blogger and Speaker
About the Instructor
Sheila Wray Gregoire is a popular speaker, marriage blogger, and the author of eight books, including The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex. She loves encouraging women in their relationships, both with God and with their husbands, children, and friends. Sheila believes in authenticity, and gives real solutions to the very real and messy problems women, and couples, can face. She speaks dozens of times each year, reaching thousands of people, and writes everyday at her blog, To Love, Honor and Vacuum, which attracts over 1,000,000 page views per month.
Have any questions? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Do you feel called to speak--but you have no idea how to get started?
In this jam-packed practical course you will learn how to:
- Discover your message
- Craft a PERFECT talk that will change lives
- Glean those first precious bookings
- Speak with professionalism and polish
- Generate word of mouth
- Decide how much to charge
- Grow your ministry
I started speaking in 2002, and for the first several years I didn't put in place the key things I needed to generate word of mouth. It took much longer for my ministry to grow than it would have if I had done the things I want to teach you right from the beginning.
The course is for writers:
If you already have a blog or you've written a book, you may be asked to speak. But what do you speak about? And how do you branch out beyond the written word? I'll walk you step-by-step through a process to discover what your key message is, and to incorporate that message into a talk filled with humor, your story, and inspirational anecdotes that point people to God.
And the course is for speakers:
Or perhaps God has done some great things in your life, and you're often told, "You really need to be telling other people about this!" But you don't know how to start getting those bookings. I'll walk you step-by-step through uncovering your niche, identifying key decision makers, and getting their attention!
This course provides specific, practical instructions on how to speak well, and provides you with detailed worksheets to:
- Brainstorm speaking leads
- Uncover your theme
- Figure out anecdotes to use
- Figure out a fee schedule
- Create contracts and letters of understanding that you can use right out the gate
And, most helpful of all, you'll get a detailed talk skeleton that you will come back to, over and over!
You've got everything here that can help you start speaking, right away.
- Jessica H.
I'll teach you how to go from free engagements to getting your schedule filled up with groups that can actually pay. And the difference is professionalism. It doesn't have to cost very much money, either. I'll show you the biggest things new speakers waste money on--and where you should put your time (not even your money!) instead.
Your dream can become a reality, and you can start impacting people with the message God gave you-- right now.
- Debunking the Speaking Myth: What is the Role of a Speaker?
- Watch: Why speaking and teaching are different
- Avoiding a Common Early Mistake: Focus on the Heart, Not on Expertise
- Watch: Why Telling Your Story Matters
- Listen: Why We Speak--and how we connect with people!
- What Is Your Story?
- Listen: Know Your Story
- Worksheet: Fleshing Out My Story
- Who Will You Speak To? Defining Your Niche
- Listen: Know Your Niche!
- Worksheet: Discovering My Niche
- Planning My Signature Talk Topic
- Worksheet: Plan My Topic--for My Niche!
- Our Talk Skeleton
- Part 1: Comfort
- Part 2: Discomfort
- Part 3: Authority
- Part 4: Relate
- Part 5: Convict
- Part 6: Inspire
- Listen: Example of an Inspire Section
- Listen: 2 Different Options for Ending Your Talk
- Ending Option 1: The Personal Prayer Model
- Ending Option 2: Group Discussions
- Sample: Discussion Questions Handout
- Listen: What if your audience isn't Christian?
- Worksheet: Skeleton for Crafting My Signature Talk
- Listen: Why Word of Mouth Matters
- Preparing for Growth Before You Start
- Get Your Website Up and Running
- Listen: Set up a Website (with video!)
- Checklist: Launching a Professional Website
- Listen: If I Have a Blog, Do I Need a Speaking Website, Too?
- Print Some Business Cards
- Checklist: Business Cards
- Launch a Newsletter
- Listen: Set up a Newsletter (with video!)
- Get Ready to Record Yourself
- Moving to the Next Level
- Listen: How to Know When to Start Charging
- Should I Charge for Speaking? (Hint: The Answer's Yes!)
- Listen: How to Figure out How Much to Charge
- Creating a Fee Schedule
- Sample: Fee Schedule
- Communicating Your Fee
- Sample: Speaking Contract
- Sample: Letter of Understanding
- Listen: Creating Professional Materials
- Printing a "One-Sheet"
- Sample: One Sheet